Be part of this innovative day camp that encourages exciting connections between science, technology, engineering and math in a fun and safe hands-on learning environment. Our one week camps for children ages 5-13 emphasizes imagination and creativity and allow young innovators to discover and create through play and technology while exploring each weeks’ theme.
Our day camp is located in the heart of Waterdown (Sealey Park Scout Hall), offering diverse indoor and outdoor activities, supported by our amazing team.
Join us this summer at Junior Innovator’s Camp and spark your child’s imagination.
Some of our activities include:
- Lego Building Challenges
- Video Game Design
- Minecraft Design
- Paper Circuits
- Pop Bottle Rockets
- Paper Rollercoasters
- Cardboard Building
A typical day includes…..
4-5 hours of instruction of a new tech skill such as code a game, build a robot or create a video.
Activities and socializing
2-3 hours of outdoor activities and games.
1-2 hours to take a snack break, unwind or work on a project.
Regular & Extended Hours
Regular camp program: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Drop-off: Between 8:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. Early drop off is at 8:00 a.m. ($5/day)
Pick-up: Between 4:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Late pick-up is at 5:30 p.m. ($5/day)
T-shirt not included with Single Day Registration. There is an option to purchase.
What to bring?
Campers need the following items to be prepared for all activities:
- With your registration, you are provided with Junior Innovator Camp T-shirt (one per registrant) that you receive on the first day of camp. Please wear your camp T-shirt every day.
- Wear a hat and sunglasses for sun protection.
- Please wear appropriate clothing (play clothes). It is recommended to bring an extra change of clothes in a backpack.
- An indoor pair of shoes for those extra rainy days.
- For safety reasons close-toed shoes should be worn, not sandals.
- To protect yourself from the elements, please arrive pre-screened with sunscreen and bug repellent and bring some along for reapplication at midday.
- Every camper needs to bring a healthy and nut-safe lunch and snack for morning and afternoon snack breaks, as well as a refillable water bottle.
- Lightweight long pants are a great way to protect against mosquitoes and other bothersome creatures.
Food at Camp
Every camper needs to bring a healthy and nutsafe lunch and snack for morning and afternoon snack breaks, as well as a refillable water bottle.
Enjoy a hot pizza lunch on Friday (included with your registration). Please pack all regular snacks and drinks for the day.
Nut Free Policy
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all of our campers, please ensure that lunches and snacks are free of nuts, nut products and traces of nuts.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Junior Innovators reserves the right to cancel any camp program if the minimum number of participants is not reached. If Junior Innovators cancels a camp, registrants are fully refunded. Refunds are not issued for inclement weather. The Friday prior to the registered camp week is the cut-off date for camp refund consideration.
- All changes to camp registration are subject to a non-refundable $25 administration fee.
- More than 10 business days before the start of the registered camp week: Full refund less $25
- Within 10 business days before the start of the registered camp week: Refund subject to a $125 service fee.
- Changes to camp preference or date can be made prior to the start of the registered camp week, and are subject to availability
- Credit Card. Junior Innovators take credit card payments through PayPal. You do not require a PayPal account to complete the transaction. You will be prompted during the registration application on whether you would like to use PayPal. If you select Yes, you will be redirected to PayPal to complete your payment upon completion of your registration.
- One-time Payment by Cheque. Please make cheque payable to Meron Hrycusko. See mailing address below. Cheques must be received to secure your child’s spot in the summer camp.
- Cash Payment. For cash payments please contact Meron Hrycusko at email@example.com
Cheques can be mailed to the address below:
c/o The Idea Room
5 Hamilton St. N.,
PO Box 1501
Waterdown L0R 2H0
NSF Service Charge
There will be a $35 service charge for any cheques returned due to Insufficient Funds (NSF).